Thursday, August 14, 2008

Putting it all Together

Well, with all the paint now being nice and dry, I started assembling the unit. There are still afew parts I need to make, like the carrage lock. Seems the one I made wont have enough swing to lock it tight, plus I plan on using a different way. So, in the mean time, I used a C clamp to lock the carrage.

With the unit now basically assembled, I figured I will give it a try and grind my Milling attachment base. I had already faced it using the lathe, but boy did the grinder give it a smooth as glass finish. With that done, I figured I would use it to grind the bolt face and swivel face of the milling attachment. To face it on the lathe takes a lot of set up, but here I just stuck it to the 4" magnetic chuck and it worked wonders.





Now that the grinder performs well, I have started doing a bunch of grinding jobs, and will then finish it off. I have a couple of issues to deal with, one being that my shop (yea I know, its only a garage) floor isnt flat or level. So, either I find the perfect spot for the grinder (and you know it will be dead center in the way of everything), or make adjustors for the legs, which I think will also have to be stiffened up.

2 comments:

troy and christina said...

Excellent job on the surface grinder. Reminds me a bit of the whole Gingery series of books on do-it-yourself machinery.

Please carry on.

Anonymous said...

I cannot thank lemeridian funding service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 1,9% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact : . lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com. WhatsApp...+ 19893943740. Keep up the great work.
Thanks, Busarakham.